THERAPEUTIC APPROACH AND BIO
I am most interested in developing an honest and meaningful therapeutic relationship with you. If you and I are able to form a worthwhile connection, you are more likely to improve - and to get a lot more out of psychotherapy. In an effective therapeutic relationship, you will feel heard, valued, respected, and comfortable. I want you to feel like you can say anything.
- Licensure: Licensed as a Psychologist in New York State from 2011 to present. Licensed in California where I completed my graduate training in 2009. I have a Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from Alliant International University (AIU) at the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP).
- Special Interests: I have been fortunate to have helped people from over 100 countries.
- Language skills: Conversational Spanish. Sometimes I conduct therapy in Spanish.
- Special Training: Psychodynamic and Modern psychoanalysis. I am in my last year of studies of modern group psychoanalysis at the Center for Group Studies (CGS) in NYC.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy and Mindfulness training.
- Internship training: Trauma counseling at Children's Hospital, School Psychologist at Excelsior Academy (non-public school for special education students), Bilingual Discharge Planner and Counselor at Isis Crisis House, Psychology Intern atAurora Behavioral Health inpatient and outpatient department.
- Work experience: PsyCare, Inc - private practice setting and Vericare, Inc. - worked as a Bilingual Psychologist in various Nursing homes both in San Diego, CA.
- Work experience (continued): Bilingual Psychologist at Outpatient Psychiatry Department at Queens Hospital Center in Jamaica, Queens. Conducted Psychological assessments and conducted individual and group psychotherapy. Supervised Interns.
- Certifications: Certified Group Psychotherapist through the American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA).
- Positions: Former Treasurer of NY State Psychological Association (NYSPA), Division of Women's Issues.
- Current President for NYSPA, Group Division - term 2018-2019